COPIC AWARD APPLICATION RULES
[About COPIC AWARD]
This COPIC AWARD (hereinafter referred to as “AWARD”) is an event aimed at providing an opportunity to publish on the internet the work created using COPIC (hereinafter referred to as “COPIC Work”), connecting COPIC fans all over the world by such works, and celebrating the joy of creativity. Anybody can apply with the COPIC Work, and the COPIC Works applied from across the world can be freely viewed at the special AWARD site (https://copicaward.com, hereinafter referred to as “Special AWARD Site”).
- The applicant to the AWARD (hereinafter referred to as “Applicant” or “you”)shall agree to be bound by this COPIC AWARD Application Rules (hereinafter referred to as “Rules”), by applying from the Special AWARD Site. (https://copicaward.com)
- Application for participating in the AWARD (hereinafter referred to as “Application”) should be made by filling out the required items on the Application form available in the Special AWARD Site. Application will be accepted only if it is made on the Application form via the Special AWARD Site. The Applicant shall agree in advance that Application by other methods will not be accepted. By submitting the entry via the application form, the applicant shall be deemed to agree to all of the following terms and conditions.
- After you make an Application, the Organizer will send a confirmation email. Following the instructions in the confirmation email, please upload an image (up to 3 pictures from the same work) of your work. If you have set up a domaindesignated reception to prevent spam emails, please change the setting so that you can receive emails from “@copicaward.com”.
- The image of the uploaded applied work(s) will be displayed on the Special AWARD Site only if the Organizer confirms it fulfils the requirements set forth herein. The Applicant shall agree in advance that if the Application does not fulfill the requirements set forth herein, the image of the applied work will not be displayed on the web site.
- Only one work may be applied by one person.
[Treatment of Applied Works]
- Applied works will be displayed on the Special AWARD Site (https://copicaward.com).
- Applicants shall grant the Organizer the use of imagery and information associated with applied works, in promotional activities relevant to COPIC AWARD in all media without prior consent. Promotional activities will include use in print and online (public transmission, publishing, broadcasting, social media, the exhibition, etc.) and editing, copying, reprinting, translation, adaptation and any other forms of secondary use.
[Examination of Applications]
- Processing of Applications will be conducted in principle in the order of acceptance; provided, however, the order may be changed under certain circumstances.
- The Organizer may not accept an Application if it falls under any of the following cases:
- A false fact is stated in the Application form;
- In addition to what is prescribed in the preceding case, it causes a problem for the Organizer’s business, or it is reasonably judged likely to do so;
- The Applicant belongs to an anti-social group or judged to be its member and affiliated party; or
- The Applicant does not agree to the Rules, or the applied work falls under the Prohibited Works or does not fulfil other requirements stipulated in the Rules.
- After displaying the applied work on the Special AWARD Site, if there is a claim by a third party about infringement of rights or other things concerning the said applied work, the Organizer may decide to stop the display of the said applied work.
- If the Organizer does not accept an Application, the Organizer will notify the Applicant to that effect.
[Qualifications for Application]
There are no restrictions for nationality, age, gender, experience, area of residence, etc. However, the Applicant shall agree that the Application is limited to the Application by an individual only and the Application by any group shall not be accepted.
July 1, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. - September 15, 2022 at 23:59 p.m.(Japan Time)
*The application period may be extended.
[Period for Display of Works]
The COPIC Works will sequentially be available to the public on the Special AWARD site, until it is closed.
Those who receive an Award will be notified by email, and the result will be announced on this special AWARD site.
[Size of Works, Base Materials to be Used]
- The size of works to be produced should be within L420mm x W297mm x D300mm, with the weight of 5kg or less, or within L17 inches x W12 inches x H12 inches, with the weight of 11 pounds or less.
- For the base material of COPIC Work, fragile materials such as ceramic and glass are prohibited to use.
[Exhibition of Award-Winning COPIC Works, etc.]
- Applicants agree that the original drawings of Award-Winning COPIC Works and their candidates (hereinafter referred to as the “Selected COPIC Works”) will be exhibited at the venue of the Award presentation ceremony (hereinafter referred to as the “Award Ceremony”) to be held in Japan around September 2020.
- If the applicant receives an email from the organizer informing that applied COPIC Work has been selected as a Selected COPIC Work, he/she shall send the original drawing of the Selected COPIC Work to the place designated by the organizer at his/her own responsibility and costs (including freight, packing cost, and cost of transportation insurance). Applicants agree that the selection as a Selected COPIC Work may be cancelled if the original drawing is not sent by the date designated by the organizer.
- After the completion of the exhibition, the original drawing of Award-Winning COPIC Work or Selected COPIC Work will be sent from the organizer to the applicant at the responsibility of the organizer who will bear the costs required for the shipment including freight, packing cost, and cost of transportation insurance.
- Applicants agree that the organizer may dispose of the said original drawing at will if the organizer sends the above original drawing to the address registered by the applicant at the time of application but cannot deliver to the said address, or the applicant refuses to accept the delivery of the said original drawing.
Primary judgment: Judges appointed by Too Marker Products. Inc.
Final judgment: Judges appointed by Too Marker Products. Inc.
[Selection method of Award-Winning COPIC Works]
- There will be primary judgement and final judgement for this Award.
- As primary judgement, judges appointed by Too Marker Products. Inc. will select Selected COPIC Works through strictly impartial judgment.
- As final judgement, judges appointed by Too Marker Products. Inc. will conduct strictly impartial review of the Selected COPIC Works whose original drawings have been sent to the organizer, and select Award-Winning COPIC Works for Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, Future Generation Art Prize, and Judges' Award. There may be Special Award in some cases.
- Prize will be given to the winners of Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, Future Generation Art Prize, Judges' Award and Special Award.
[Presentation of Prize]
Award-winners will be presented the following prizes:
The winners will receive the following prizes:
Grand Prize (1 entry)
- Cash prize: US$3,000
- Plus a full 358 colors set of Copic Sketch, trophy and more.
2nd Prize (2 entries)
- Cash prize: US$1,000
- Plus a full 358 colors set of Copic Sketch, trophy and more.
Future Generation Art Prize (Youth Award):Grand Prize (1 entry)
- A full 358 colors set of Copic Sketch, trophy and more.
*Winner will be selected from applicants 18 years of age or younger at the time of entry.
Judges' Award (5 entries)
- Special Edition Copic Set and with an autograph of one of the judges, trophy and more.
Future Generation Art Prize (Youth Award) (100 entries)
- Special edition Copic set.
*Winner will be selected from applicants 18 years of age or younger at the time of entry.
Social Media Award (1 entry)
- A full 180 colors set of Copic Ciao
pixiv Award（1 entry）
- Copic Sketch 72 colors set, free 12-month subscription to pixiv premium, and an exclusive interview on pixivision.
*Winners of Craft Award (2 entries) and Regional Award (5 entries) will also receive prizes.
[Shipment of Prizes]
- The shipment of the prize will be made within three months after the announcement of Award-winners. It may take time to send air tickets to Awardwinners, as we will arrange them after confirming the schedule with the Awardwinners themselves.
- It must be a piece of work made using COPIC.
*The amount of COPIC used will not affect the result of the examination for awards.
- It should be an original work created by the Applicant him/herself.
- There is no specific theme for applications. Please feel free to create your artwork without any limitations.
- COPIC Works may be three-dimensional or two-dimensional.
- The size of actual works should be within L420mm x W297mm x D300mm, with the weight of 5kg or less, or within L17 inches x W12 inches x H12 inches, with the weight of 11 pounds or less.
- The images for the Application should include a maximum of three pieces submitted as .jpg format (e.g., an overview image, close up, and other angle). ・ The image shall be no more than 5MB per piece, and no more than 15MB in total.
- The image shall be no more than 5MB per piece, and no more than 15MB in total.
- Each entry is limited to COPIC Works that have not already been made public either through another competition or an exhibition (excluding personal exhibition or own social media pages).
- Only COPIC Works which do not infringe upon another person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights may apply.
- If the Organizer judges that the applied work does not fulfill the requirements for the Application, it may not accept the Application. In this case, the Applicant will be notified to that effect by email. It is possible to apply again by making necessary changes to fulfill the requirements for the Application.
All applications shall be prohibited if the works fall under any of the following descriptions:
- Those which give insult, slander, threat, or an economic or psychological damage/disadvantage;
- Those which include a sexual or obscene expression violating laws, ordinances, or other standards established by the Organizer;
- Those which include a violent expression;
- Those which force radical thought;
- Those which include an expression praising anti-social actions;
- Those which include an expression unfairly discriminating against race, creed, occupation, gender, religion, etc.;
- Those which infringe on another person’s intellectual property rights, including those resembling other works or characters; or
- Those which infringe on the portrait right of an individual by imitating an actual person without the permission of the said person.
[Contents of Registration at Application]
※You shall agree to receive emails concerning the introduction of COPIC products from the Organizer and its affiliated companies, as well as COPIC distributors.
WEB URL (on a voluntary basis)
SNS URL (on a voluntary basis)
※The listing of WEB URL or SNS URL, which includes the following contents, shall be prohibited:
- Those which aim for commercial advertisement/publicity or solicitation; or
- Those which aim for guiding to the link of an affiliate, an adult site, a one-click fraud site, or the site aiming to distribute harmful computer programs, etc.
Size of the actual work
*Title of the work
*Name of the author
Comments on the background, etc. of creating the applied COPIC Work (No more than 400 characters)
Registration information with * marked above will be disclosed with the applied work, while other information will not.
[Correction of Personal Information and the Applied Work, etc.]
If deletion or correction of information is requested from the Applicant himself/herself, we will deal with it appropriately after confirming the identity of the Applicant and the accuracy of the correction, etc.
[Treatment of Personal Information]
The registered personal information (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”) may be provided to the Organizer and its affiliated companies, and individual COPIC distributors listed in the attachment to send the information on COPIC products and a request for the cooperation in questionnaire surveys. However, except for cases with legitimate grounds in accordance with laws and regulations, etc., the Organizer will not use the Personal Information for purposes other than as stipulated above, nor provide it to a third party other than the above without the consent of the Applicant.
[Governing Law and Language]
The Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan. The governing languages of the Rules shall be English and Japanese. If a translation hereof in another language is made for reference purposes, only the English and Japanese originals shall have the effect, and such translation in another language shall have no effect.
The Tokyo District Court, which exercises jurisdiction over Tokyo, Japan, shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising in connection with the Rules.
- Any and all developments of hardware and software, and the prevention of virus infection and unauthorized access, which are required to apply for the Award, shall be conducted at the expense and responsibility of the Applicant. The organizer shall not be involved with the usage environment of the Applicant in any sense, nor bear any responsibility.
- The Organizer shall bear no responsibility for the damage incurred by the Applicant arising from the Application for this contest when there is a trouble including an accident during the transmission of the image data of the applied work, destruction of data, infection of a virus, and a failure of the terminal at the time of applying for the Award.
- If the Organizer or the Applicant receives demand for an injection or damage, complaint, objection, etc. from a third party regarding the literary work, portrait, etc.
used for the applied work, the organizer shall bear no responsibility, and the Applicant shall, at his/her responsibility and expense, deal with and solve the demand, complaint, objection, etc., without placing any burden on the Organizer. Looks good!
- The Organizer shall bear no responsibility for the unauthorized use of the applied work by a third party due to the display of applied works on the special AWARD site, including the unauthorized use by a third party by downloading a copy of an applied work from the special AWARD Site.
- In the case of returning the COPIC Works from the organizer to applicants, the original packing materials used by the applicants will be replaced with packing materials chosen by the organizer. The applicants shall agree if the organizer disposes of the original packing materials used by the applicant, and the organizer shall not be held responsible for any claims.
- The organizer shall not be held responsible for any and all accidents of selected COPIC works at the time of their shipment and transportation from applicants to the organizer.
- The organizer shall take insurance with the upper limit of 100,000 yen for the accident of Award Winning COPIC Works or Selected COPIC Works at the time of their shipment and transportation; however, the organizer shall not be held responsible for any and all damages exceeding the said amount.
Too Marker Products Inc.
List of Distributors, etc. to Share Information
The registered information at the time of application will be shared with the following companies affiliated to Too Marker Products Inc. and COPIC distributors in each country. The Applicant agrees in advance that individual distributors may contact the Applicant to introduce COPIC products and request the cooperation in questionnaire surveys, etc.
Too Corporation / Japan / http://www.too.com
G-Too Corporation / Japan / http://g-too.jp
TOOLS INTERNATIONAL Corporation / Japan / https://www.toolsintl.jp
Too Corporation Americas /U.S.A. / https://copic.too.com/
Too Shanghai /China
Europe, Middle East and Africa
HOLTZ OFFICE SUPPORT GmbH, / Germany / https://www.copic.de
Ltd Pen Box / Armenia / https://penbox.am
ECAZ ART AND HOBBY SHOP / Azerbaijan / https://www.ecaz.az
Smarton Ltd. / Belarus / https://www.smarton.by
S.A. JR PRODUCTS N.V. / Belgium / http://jrproducts.eu/index.html
Colourstock BV / Benelux, Netherlands / http://copicmarkerbenelux.blogspot.jp
Art Service Ltd. / Bulgaria / www.artservicebg.com
Trgovina Hobby & Art / Croatia / http://www.hobbyart.si
Spavento Trading Ltd. / Cyprus / https://www.spavento.net
Zlatá Lod s.r.o. / Czech Republic / http://www.copicmarker.cz
BETHIEN A/S / Denmark / www.copicmarker.dk
KUNST & HOBI (formerly Nevskaya Hammond) / Estonia / http://www.hammond.ee
TEMPERA OY / Finland / www.copic.fi
OZ International / France / www.copic.fr
Orgservice Ltd. / Georgia / http://www.orgservice.ge/
Kybos Stationery / Greece / http://www.e-kybos.gr
NEOART KFT / Hungary / http://www.neoart.hu
BETHIEN A/S / Iceland / www.copicmarker.dk
RASOULI GROUP / Iran / email@example.com
KM evans / Ireland / https://store.evansartsupplies.ie
Ventura Art & Design Supplies, Ltd. / Israel / firstname.lastname@example.org
R. Gallery / Israel / https://www.rgallery.co.il
Mundel Srl / Italy / www.copic.it
TOO MCS / Kazakhstan / email@example.com
GRAPHIC INTERNATIONAL CENTRE L.L.C. / Kuweit / www.graphicint.com
Mogahwi Stationery & Office Eqpt. / Kuweit / https://www.mogahwi.com.kw
ArtCraft / Kyrgyzstan / http://www.artcraftkg.com
KUNST & HOBI (formerly Nevskaya Hammond) / Latvia / http://www.hammond.ee
MOUAWAD BOOKS & STATIONERY S.A.R.L. / Lebanon / firstname.lastname@example.org
Meno Muza UAB / Lithuania / www.menomuza.lt
M.T.S. / Malta / https://www.mtsmalta.com/onlineshop/index.php
Global hobby og kunst/ Norway / http://copicmarkernorge.blogspot.jp
Estede Poland / Poland / http://www.copic.pl
Quadrimovel, Lda. / Portugal / www.copicportugal.com
ProfiArt / Romania / www.profiart.ro
Russia “MPM Group” Evgeny Brodyanskiy (email@example.com) Anna Pletenetskaya (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jarir Bookstore / Saudi Arabia / https://www.jarir.com/sa-en/
METALIMO / Sweden / http://www.copicmarker.se
INTER PRODUCTS AG / Switzerland / http://copicfriendsschweiz.blogspot.jp
PAPIR COLOR doo / Serbia / email@example.com
Zlatá Lod s.r.o. / Slovakia / http://www.copicmarker.cz
Trgovina Hobby & Art / Slovenia / http://www.hobbyart.si
X-PRESS GRAPH-X SUPPLIES, South Africa / South Africa / firstname.lastname@example.org
ARTIST ART MATERIALS SA / Spain / www.artist-am.com
Cankardes, Turkey / Turkey / www.copicturkiye.net
GRAPHIC INTERNATIONAL CENTRE L.L.C. / United Arab Emirates / www.graphicint.com
West Design Products Ltd. / United Kingdom / http://www.copic-shop.co.uk
MacHouse/ Ukraine / email@example.com
SHANGHAI ZHIFU TRADE CO., LTD. / China / firstname.lastname@example.org
DECA TRADING COMPANY / Korea / http://www.seoheung.co.kr/
AHT Enterprise Co., Ltd. / Taiwan / http://www.aht.com.tw
CHE SAN STATIONERY CO., LTD. / Hong Kong / https://www.artmaterials.hk/
ART FRIEND (BBC) PTE LTD. / Singapore/ www.artfriend.com.sgArt Friend / Malaysia / https://artfriendonline.com/EN/OnlineUsers/Index
PT. Mega Nusa Hadiarta / Indonesia / email@example.com
ART LINE CO., LTD. / Thailand / http://www.copicthailand.com
Crown Supply Corporation / Philippines / / https://crownsupplymanila.com
Hakimi Stationers / India / https://www.indiamart.com/hakimi-stationers/XPRESS GRAPH-X SUPPLIES / Australia / http://copicmarker.com.au/
US and Latam
HAWAIIAN GRAPHICS CORPORATION / Hawaii / http://www.hawaiiangraphics.com
Peruvian Art & Hobby Supplies SAC / Peru / www.spondylus.pe
COLOREND IMPORTACAO E EXPORTACAO LTDA / Brazil / https://www.dezaina.com.br
Boykot / Chile / www.boykot.cl
ABASTECEDORA LUMEN S.A. DE C.V. / Mexico / www.lumen.com.mx
Drechsler&Cia.S.A / Argentina / http://www.drechsler.com.ar/
Santiago Aloy S.A. / Uruguay, Bolivia, Paraguay/ http://www.santiagoaloy.com.uy